- Ppt: How to Rock the Conclusion
- Time in class to type your conclusion and get feedback!
- Finished? Use the checklist below to make sure you didn't make any major mistakes!
HW: Typed and PRINTED essays are due Monday after break! Essays not printed and turned in by the bell to being class are late and will be docked 20% credit! You will also be turning in the outline and the Theme Jigsaw.
So You Think You're Done with your Paper
Things to check before you "wipe your hands" of this essay:
- Do you have the correct MLA header?
- Do you have your last name and page # in the top right corner?
- Do you have a title that is NOT "LOTF Essay"?
- Is Lord of the Flies italicized and not in quotes?
- Do all of your quotes have the correct in-text citation? (Golding #).
- Is your paper double spaced?
- Have you read your paper out loud to yourself to check for typos or sentences that don't make sense?
- Have you triple checked that you never say ANYTHING like "I believe, I think, I proved"?
- Have you triple checked that you never say ANYTHING like "in this paper, in this paragraph, this quote shows"?
- Have you made sure that ANYTIME you talk about the plot, you use PRESENT TENSE?